Monday, November 16, 2015

Pho Vietnam

I visited this place and purchased a takeout for dinner. Situated adjoining Calories, I decided to give this place a try.

As you enter through the main entrance you are faced with some tables and chairs set for outdoor eating, which were fully occupied. Inside the restaurant proper the decor - mainly Chinese pictures on the walls, instantly reminded me that I had come to a South Eastern restaurant. However, there was no background music to support the looks. In addition, the ambience would have been great if there were artifacts and souvenirs from Vietnam as stills or hanging from the walls.





At the time I visited, the place was crowded with Europeans and a couple of Chinese looking people. There was however only one staff member working, and he was very polite and helpful. He was responsible for taking orders, billing and serving food. The restaurant must seriously consider recruiting some stewards.

The restaurant had a very limited menu consisting mostly of different varieties of noodles cooked with beef, chicken and sea food, selections of soup and some salads. There was only ONE item with rice. This was rather disappointing as Vietnam is a rice growing country and I expected to see some selections of items with rice as well.

Not being a fan of noodles, I selected the rice item - Fried Rice with sea food. Cost Rs. 450.00. This is the standard price for items like this in normal upmarket restaurants.






Since this is the first time I was tasting Vietnamese food, I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the food and the ingredients used at the restaurant. My review is strictly limited to the food that was served.

The Fried Rice with sea food was prepared with steamed long grain rice sauteed with eggs, sweet corn, chopped carrots and beans, along with flash fried cuttle fish and prawns. They have also added fish sauce, tomato sauce and chillie paste to the mix. The combination was quite tasty.

I am extremely grateful to the restaurant for doing something which other restaurants couldn't be bothered doing. The PRAWNS used in the fried rice were CLEANED AND SHELLED. For this alone I am recommending this restaurant.




Pho Vietnam Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato






No comments:

Post a Comment