Monday, August 22, 2016

Dinu's Food Palace

Foodies abroad and locally who wish to savour all types of food outside the city of Colombo, must head straight to Nugegoda. It has as much as hundreds of restaurants, cafes, bakeries and stalls catering to different markets.

Down Church Street Nugegoda, from the Nawala junction, there are a number of restaurants and cafes facing the Nugegoda Supermarket complex. One such place is Dinu's Food Palace. Located adjoining Muluthenge, this place is not visible from the junction until you reach the entrance.

The Kothu kitchen is placed on one side of the entrance while food warmers are placed along it till midway. Since I visited this place for lunch, I can only speak of what was available for lunch. As far as cleanliness goes, I would give them a 9 out of 10. Service was also quick.

At the time I went - around 1.30 p.m, the place was choc-a-bloc with students and I had to wait for sometime to get a table to dine in. However, by 2 p.m. the place cleared up and I was able to place my order and have my lunch. These pictures were taken after lunch, when most of the crowd had left.


With regard to food, one food warmer consisted of Fried Rice, and it's accompaniments along with curries like, chicken, Soya meat and fish, while the other consisted of rice, vegetables and greens.

  



My order was rice and curry "Vegetables". Usually a person who takes non veg has a choice of 4 vegetables and 1 curry. Since I was going vegetarian, I had to choose 5 vegetables. I'm touched by the fact that they had greens as a choice. They already have my vote for this. Being a daughter of a doctor, I know the importance of having greens in our diet, so I highly appreciate anyone who offers them. The meal on the whole was great, except for one small defect - 2 of the vegetables had slightly excess salt.

 


There is one thing this medium sized restaurant does that others don't, and that is offer Chicken Kothu for lunch. The normal rate for Chicken Kothu at night is Rs. 230.00.  However, since students like this item, they are offering it at a special price of Rs. 190.00. and I'm not surprised. Almost all the students who came here today, ordered only Chicken Kothu. According to the owner, Chicken Kothu is a hit among students. 

 

Another unique aspect that I witnessed is the placing of small bins at strategic places between tables, to dispose the polythene sheets and the food remains. Based on what I had experienced, this is one place I will definitely recommend.

Dinu's Food Place Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




No comments:

Post a Comment