Friday, August 12, 2016

Spice & Ice - Omega Regency

I came here to dine and have my lunch. It was 3 p.m. and it was very difficult to find a place that still had lunch at that time. So I am immensely grateful that there was something I could take. At that time, Rice and Curry was over and only Biryani and Lamprais were available.

Ambience and appearance
======================
The place was very neat and clean. They were frequently cleaning/sweeping / mopping the floor. The decor on the walls served to increase the appetite even though such food stuffs were not available. They did however, have quite a lot of bakery items displayed in glass showcases.

Customer Service
===============
Terrible to say the least.  I had to go in search of the staff at the takeaway counter and ask what they had for lunch. No menus. When the meal was served I asked the serving person what they had for dessert. Her response left me a bad taste in my mouth. She said, only those in the chiller/freezer are there for dessert. Now I'm supposed to go to the freezer and select my dessert. Ha????

When a person goes to dine, they expect to be cared for. We expect them to be concerned about us and ask us whether we would like anything else? etc. And if we ask what they had , they must tell us a list of items available (if its just a small number) or give us the menu card.  Anything else is bad service.

Food
====
Chocolate Mousse
Since they had only 2 items, I ordered Chicken Lamprais and for dessert- Chocolate mousse.

The Lamprais had the usual curries that you would find in a Lamprais, but with a small difference. Everything had Indian flavours - I mean they tasted like Indian curries. However, the ash plantain curry was stale.

Chicken Lamprais













The chocolate mouse was the saviour. I usually don't like anything with chocolate, but this mousse really made by day. In fact, the taste and feeling stayed in my mouth for a long time afterwards


Price
=====
I'd say they were reasonable. The same price you would find elsewhere.

Despite the lackluster experience, I will definitely recommend the food.

Spice & Ice - Omega Regency Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


No comments:

Post a Comment